Complex Divorce Warrants Sophisticated Counsel
Raymond K. Martinez
Ray Martinez is an Associate at Phillips Jessner. His practice covers a wide range of family-law matters, including marital dissolution, paternity, and domestic-violence proceedings. He represents high-net-worth individuals, including business owners in a variety of industries, physicians, and real estate professionals. Mr. Martinez also advises existing and new clients on potential appellate issues relating to their family law matters.
Prior to joining Phillips Jessner, Mr. Martinez was a litigation associate at the Los Angeles office of O'Melveny & Myers LLP. Mr. Martinez earned his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2017, where he served as an Executive Editor for the Journal of Business Law. While in law school, Mr. Martinez received the Wharton Certificate in Business Management and the Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award. Mr. Martinez was an extern for the Honorable Gail R. Feuer (then-Judge of the Los Angeles Superior Court) and an intern for the Honorable Cheryl Ann Krause (Circuit Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit). Throughout his second year of law school, he was a volunteer advocate at the Custody and Support Assistance Clinic hosted by Philadelphia Legal Assistance.
Mr. Martinez earned a B.A. in Business Economics, with a minor in accounting, from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in 2012. Beginning after his sophomore year at UCLA, Mr. Martinez worked for nearly four years (part-time then full-time) as an assistant at another Los Angeles-based family law practice that handled complex and high-profile matters.
• In re Marriage of Reichental, 73 Cal. App. 5th 396 (2021) [Successfully represented Appellee in his opposition to an appeal of a restraining order against the Appellant and denial of her request for attorney's fees.]
Professional Associations and Committees
• Los Angeles County Bar Association (Family Law Section and Appellate Courts Section)
• Beverly Hills Bar Association
• LGBT Bar Association of Los Angeles
• Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles
• Mexican American Bar Association
• University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• J.D. - 2017
• University of California
• B.A. - 2012
Current Employment Position
• Family Law
• U.S. District Court Central District of California